In the new zombie map, Ascension, the Hellhounds are replaced by the cute, kleptomaniac monkeys. Every 4–6 rounds, these evil space monkeys plummet from the sky and try to steal your perks. Here are some tips to thwart the evil primates:
- Split up! The monkeys will attack all of the open perk machines. Send a team member to guard each one.
- If no one has the perk, no sweat. If no one has a particular perk, don’t bother guarding that machine. You have nothing to lose.
- If you encounter the monkeys on their way to a perk machine, they will do a monkey-stomp, causing a wave of damage. If you jump at the same time as the monkeys land, you will not be damaged.
- Claymores! Set up claymores in front of the perk machines. The monkeys can destroy the claymores with their stomps, but this at least buys you some more time before they get to the perks.
- Stock up claymores in between the monkey rounds. Each round you get 2 new claymores (also, max ammos). Place them facing walls and in corners to stock them up. You can then pick them up to fortify the perk machines when monkey rounds begin. It’s also helpful to have a stockpile of claymores if you run out of ammo.
- Lastly, don’t throw grenades at the monkeys. They will throw them back at you. Seriously.